Re: (lilypond-windows.exe:6216): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: (lilypond-windows.exe:6216): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:21:08 -0600

On Thu 17 Nov 2016 at 01:35:36 (+0000), MING TSANG wrote:
> David,
> Thank you for the link.I forgot about it. it seems not the same to me.
> previous:(lilypond.exe:1892):
> Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
> warning: no glyph for character U+FFFD in font `C:/Windows/fonts/times.ttf'
> current:(lilypond-windows.exe:8336):
> Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
> warning: no glyph for character U+FFFD in font `C:/Windows/fonts/times.ttf'

Well, you could try running the same program in the same version
if you want to satisfy my curiosity as to whether the number following
the name of the executable (whose significance is a mystery to me)
would then be the same, 1892. But that might be difficult as you
presumably weren't running ≥ 2.19.49 last year but would be now.

> The conclusion previous is postscript.
> Question:1. Is lilypond using the most updated postscript (PS)?

Don't know. I kind of doubt it. You could try setting the target to PS
instrad of PDF and then take a look.

> 2. If not, when will lilybond updating the new PS

No idea. What are the benefits for making any change needed?

> - is new PS fixes the problem?

What problem. You haven't diagnosed the problem yet.
My crystal ball is not clear enough to see the source code
that's giving this problem. All I've seen is an error message
identical to the one from last year.

Cheers,
David.