Re: changing staff-size throughout a score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: changing staff-size throughout a score
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 15:46:48 -0400

Hi Michael,

> I want to make the examples in regular sized staves and make the
> lines for the student responses with larger staves.

Like this?

\version "2.19"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \with { \magnifyStaff #1/2 } { \repeat unfold 4 c''1 }
    \new Staff { \repeat unfold 4 c''1 }

}

Of course, you can replace the 1/2 with whatever rational fraction you’d like.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

p.s.

> Sibelius is stuck with one staff size throughout the whole document.

Are you serious? That can’t be true — tell me it’s not true.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden