Lilypond Internals Reference LyricText font-size

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Lilypond Internals Reference LyricText font-size
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:29:05 -0700 (MST)

About this documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/lyrictext

 font-size (number):

    1.0

The font size, compared to the ‘normal’ size. 0 is style-sheet’s normal
size, -1 is smaller, +1 is bigger. Each step of 1 is approximately 12%
larger; 6 steps are exactly a factor 2 larger. Fractional values are
allowed.

So:
The steps are the sixth root of 2. For abbreviation I will refer to that
root as 1.1225

the description refers to "style-sheet's normal size"
I checked this page:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/learning/style-sheets
The word 'normal' does not occur on that page.

In another thread forum contributor tisimst mentioned there is a
"add-pango-fonts function in scm/font.scm"
that is used by Lilypond to determine a normal size given a particular staff
size.

Documentation request:
Explicit documentation of "style-sheet's normal size"

About the default value:
The default is 1.0, not 0

Now, the number that is entered for the font size adjustment is an exponent.
2.5 steps larger says: multiply the current font size with 1.1225 to the
power of 2.5

What I expect is that a step of zero is neutral; any number to the power 0
is 1, multiplying by 1 is neutral.

In other words, I expect that the step number that is entered will be
_added_ to whatever the default is (that way the user doesn't have to know
what that default is).

But instead the default step size (here 1.0) is _replaced_ with the entered
number.
If you enter 0, the lyric font size will become 1.225 smaller, which is
counter-intuitive.

Documentation request:
Description of this behavior.

Colin Tennyson