Re: Multiple rhythms in same score

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Multiple rhythms in same score
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 01:52:13 +0200

On 24.06.2016 05:17, Don Gingrich wrote:
When I see full scores for a number of songs published,
it is clear that the reason that various verses are printed
separately is that one or more bars have significantly
different rhythm from the first verse.

This is the same case with bilingual vocal parts. Haydn’s ‘Creation’ is a showcase for this, because it was really composed bilingually, so I took the first phrase and typeset it in what I believe is the canonical way. The appearance isn’t tweaked in any way, so the spacing is quite unsatisfactory yet. You will also notice that I make use of very recent features, namely the way to create and reference alist variables (like e.g. with \mus.main and \mus.alt). I have no idea if this suits your particular needs or likings, but it may serve as a reference.

Best, Simon