Re: Placement of Chorus for Hymn

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Placement of Chorus for Hymn
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 18:09:31 -0500

On Tue 21 Jun 2016 at 14:55:42 (-0700), BGM wrote:
> Hi, all, I'm having trouble placing a chorus line.
> If I put the chorus in one \score and the verses in another \score, then
> they display correctly, but I can't get the midi for both scores as one
> file.
>
> It should have the entire chorus first, with the music for the verses in a
> separate staff.

Wouldn't something like

skipper = \lyricmode { _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ }
\score {
    \new Staff <<
    \tempo 4=90
      \new Voice { \chorusmusic \break \versesmusic }
      \addlyrics { \chorus \firstVerse }
      \addlyrics { \skipper \secondVerse }

  \layout { }
}

work? where \skipper has a matching number of syllables to \chorus.

Cheers,
David.