Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?

From: Rüdiger Ranft
Subject: Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 20:52:51 +0200

Am 19.05.2016 um 17:21 schrieb David Wright:
> I printed and processed the pot of coffee for myself, and thought I
> might as well put it into these archives.
>
> I added the overlooked lyric alignment, changed the hyphenation (most
> disappears) and removed the indentation. Ragged right closes up the
> syllables. In any case, I've always printed recitatives ragged so that
> I don't lose my place under pressure.

Great! This does the trick, but I found an issue where I can work
around, but which feels a bit hacky: the bars are only expanded, when
there is a note with text following. Also a \break does not work between
two \balken (I need this because there is a lot of text, which breaks
into more lines).
I figured out to work around it by placing a dummy note with \hide at
the end. But I don't know how to hide the text assigned to the hidden
note, and now filled in the NARROW NO-BREAK SPACE Unicode character.

Bye
Rudi.