Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 23:38:19 -0500

On Tue 17 May 2016 at 21:01:55 (+1000), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi Rudi,
>
> This seems very interesting to me. What period is this notation from? I
> myself have never seen it before. Do you have further examples? Is it
> important for your purposes to have the solid line? There are many forms of
> notation for chant and psalmody and so on that use such simple notation as a
> single whole note or breve for the recitation note, and there are many other
> forms, such as a double whole note. Can you use these forms? If not, this
> would be a fascinating lilypond programming exercise. But there are many
> liturgical users on this list – I am sure they may be able to help.

It's new to me too. But I pasted Rezitationston into google, and it
added musik, so I went with that (to Images). The first hit was
http://www.psalmlieder.de/psalmlieder/geschichte-der-psalmlieder/mittelalter/index.html
and then a long way down was a reference to
https://www.book-ebooks.com/products/reading-epub/product-id/4234582/title/Bachs%2BPassionen.html?firm=%22SCHOTT+MUSIC%2C+MAINZ%22

Then I thought to try English, and   reciting note   brought up
http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/42193/whats-this-horizontal-bar-notation-in-liturgy-called
(so Rudi, meet potofcoffee?)

And stackexchange wouldn't be stackexchange without a visitation from
the mavens:
1
This looks like a separate question to me, you can post as many
questions as you want. More critically, this is not an answer to your
original question. The idea here is to have specific questions and
(ranked) answers, not a flowing discussion thread
(music.stackexchange.com/tour) – Dave Feb 23 at 12:57

Cheers,
David.