Re: Key change in alternative 1

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Key change in alternative 1
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 14:54:33 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Malte Meyn" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 2:42 PM
Subject: Key change in alternative 1

Hi list,

how should I treat a key change in the first alternative of a volta
repeat? I’m not sure whether to print the “change back” at the beginning
of the second alternative (m. 5 of the attached code).

I don’t think it’s necessary to print it if the change coincides with a
line break (LilyPond’s default behaviour, variant 1 in the attached
code). But is it necessary when there is no line break (variant 2 or 3)?

And another thing: I added keyAlterations to the alternativeRestores
context property; shouldn’t this be the default?

Malte

I had something similar (although not such a violent change) and discussed it with teachers and players I knew. We decided it was best simply to use accidentals in the music, and don't show any key change.

--
Phil Holmes