Re: Chords and what they mean

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Chords and what they mean
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:16:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015, BB wrote:
> Can you really feed some notes to Lilypond and it tells you the name of the
> chord? A kind of reverse chord finder? I have not found in the manual.

I thought that was the point under discussion.  It's in the manual here:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-chords#printing-chord-names

In the second chunk of example code, there's music entered like <c e g>2
and LilyPond assigning chord names to it.

If that's not what was being discussed, I'd better go back to lurking.
--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.