Re: a proper whiteout function

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: a proper whiteout function
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 23:41:12 -0400

Hi Carl, Wilbert, David N, Kieren, Abraham,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.  I’m attaching a new revision.

- Original spacing is maintained.  Thanks David and Carl for the tips on how to
do this.

- Optional parameters, with fallback defaults, for offset, color,
angle-increments, radial-increments.  I went with Carl’s suggestions, but made
them optional.  The stencil argument now comes first.

- Prevents zero or negative angle- and radial- increments that would cause an
infinite loop.

- First pass at a doc string based on Carl’s descriptions.

Let me know what you think and then I’ll go ahead and submit a patch for
review.  BTW, what’s a good default for offset?

Cheers,
-Paul