Re: can I force the KeySignature to display when a new clef requires it?

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: can I force the KeySignature to display when a new clef requires it?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 07:32:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi Kieren,

I don't know if there is an easier/better way, but you could try:

% ---------------------------------------------------------
\version "2.18.2"

showKey = {
  % Define the order of barline, clef, key signature etc.:
  \once \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders =
  #'  #((left-edge   cue-end-clef   breathing-sign   staff-bar   clef
          cue-clef   key-cancellation   key-signature   ambitus
          time-signature   custos)
        (left-edge   staff-bar   cue-end-clef   breathing-sign    clef
          cue-clef   key-cancellation   key-signature   ambitus
          time-signature   custos)
        (left-edge   breathing-sign   staff-bar   clef   key-cancellation
          key-signature   ambitus   time-signature   cue-clef   custos))
  % make key signature visible:
  \once \override Score.KeySignature.break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
}

\relative c' {
  \key d \major
  d2 d
  \clef percussion
  d2 d
  \clef treble
  \showKey
  d2 d
  \clef percussion
  d2 d
}

Maybe it's even possible to change the spacing, similar to this:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation-big-page.de.html#manual-repeat-marks

Cheers,
Klaus