Re: Moving Copyright Notice

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Moving Copyright Notice
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:27:17 -0400

Hi Michael,

> On May 5, 2015, at 6:48 AM, Michael Gerdau <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> in the context of this thread I have a possibly stupid question:
> From reading the documentation under
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/custom-titles-headers-and-footers
> I thought the proper syntax would be
>    \on-the-fly \part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright
> However the OP's version
>    \on-the-fly #part-first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright
> works likewise.
>
> Are '\' and '#' exchangeable or why do both versions seem to work ?

The # signals that what follows it is some Scheme code (a Scheme expression).
In this case #part-first-page happens to refer to the same thing as
\part-first-page.  Generally it’s clearer to use the \ form in cases like this
(and save # for inserting some Scheme code that doesn’t have a \ equivalent).

See the extending manual for more:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/extending/lilypond-scheme-syntax

or this blog post:
http://lilypondblog.org/2014/03/music-functions-1-getting-to-grips-with-scheme-in-lilypond/