Re: "Instrument" as first-class citizen

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: "Instrument" as first-class citizen
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:11:41 -0400

Hi Carl,

> I never use the word "music object" for LilyPond entities.

That’s wise. As I said, I think we shouldn’t let new and potentially confusing
nomenclature creep in.

> If we are missing structures needed to capture music the way musicians and
> composers think about it, it may be desirable to add them.  I'd like to
> see if there are any others beyond "instrument”.

An obvious one is “Measure”.
To link to another [part of this?] thread, if we had a Measure object available
to manipulate, we would [more] easily be able to say “delete Measures 104-118”,
right?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer