Re: best practices for volta (was Re: Problem with repeat alternative en

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: best practices for volta (was Re: Problem with repeat alternative endings that contain lyrics andleading rests)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:44:18 -0400

Hi Trevor,

>> You mean Lilypond can’t handle << \global \lyrics >>, where \global contains
>> the repeat structure?
>
> Depends.

Thanks for the clarification, and the various links. Interesting, all.

I hope there’s an opportunity to fix this soon, and completely. Much like the
irritating grace-note timing issue(s), this repeat thing is something that (a)
rears its head only occasionally, but (b) is super-frustrating and
time-consuming to workaround when it does.

You (i.e., “you”) can count me in for some $ponsor$hip, if and when the
opportunity presents itself.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer