Re: centering different time signatures

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: centering different time signatures
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:18:02 -0400

Hi Harm,

> Well, you could do:

Thanks! I’ll check this out and report back.

> Though why?
> \once \set Score.timeSigVisibility = ##t is even more typing than
> inserting \time <whatever>

Because I’m trying to separate content from presentation — typing \time
<whatever> forces presentation layer information into my content layer (cf. the
concrete examples in my previous email).

I’m hoping the edition-engraver will allow me to just say “\time <whatever>” in
the presentation layer (which would be no more typing *and* would achieve the
desired content-presentation separation), but all my attempts in that direction
have so far failed.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer