Re: making a Tie more parabolic

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: making a Tie more parabolic
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 12:12:50 -0600

Abraham,

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 11:47 AM, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
tisimst wrote
> I took a look into the source code and here's what it says about each of
> the "details" properties (found in 2.19.15 "lily/tie.cc" with the default
> values found on IR web page and in "define-grobs.scm"):

Hmmm...

Looking at "tie-details.cc", I see different numbers (v. 2.19.15) than in
"define-grobs.scm" for quite a few properties:

I don't understand why these are different... Is it a problem that they're
different? I guess it's not a PROBLEM, per se, but shouldn't they be synced
or something? Maybe just an oversight...

I don't know why this would be a problem.  I suppose if you set one of these properties to #'(), you would get a default value that doesn't coincide with the supposed default value in define-grobs.scm.  But they should be synced up.  Nice catch!

And here are the default values that AREN'T set in "define-grobs.scm", but
ARE in "tie-details.cc" (which is fine):

- wrong-direction-offset-penalty: 10.0
- min-length: 1.0
- staff-line-collision-penalty: 5.0
- dot-collision-clearance: 0.25