Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Use of Stackoverflow for Question/Answer forum
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:48:39 -0500

Not that I have a lot to add on the subject, but it seems like stack
overflow type forums are really concerned with providing definitive
answers to questions. LilyPond is certainly not a static apparatus.
Things are in a constant state of flux, and maybe in most areas
minimal at this point, it is still often handier to simply ask afresh.
And it seems at least to me that people who really use the program,
begin to realize how to best attack specific usage problems after some
initial shock of novel exposure to LilyPond. Anyway I don't much care
one way or another how we arrive at helping the community use the
program to best advantage as long as it is helpful and does not serve
fragment the knowledge base which is really the end user even if the
documentation is some of the best i have ever run across for something
of this complexity.

Shane