Re: First time Voices user

From: peter
Subject: Re: First time Voices user
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:43:50 +1100

Br> On 2014-12-21 12:20 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>> As both cases have the same stem direction one has to be shifted.
>> Usually if you want two voices you either give them separate
>> staves, or give one the \voiceOne and the other the \voiceTwo
>> appellations.

Br> Ah!  I didn't notice this because I'm reproducing a chant without
Br> any note stems.

Br> However, even after adding \voiceOne and \voiceTwo I'm still
Br> seeing the double articulation.  It's harder to see (because the
Br> articulation on the lower note tends to collide with the higher
Br> note) but it's still there (see first articulated note below in
Br> voiced staff).

Yes, articulations are per-voice --- otherwise you can't have a
tenuto tenor against a staccato cantus or similar.

Something like http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=372 might help.
Or try removing the Script_engraver from one of the voices.

But if you're never going to split the voices into staves, then it's
easiest to add the articulation to only a single voice.

Or if you really want to be able to merge the articulations, put them
all in  a single voice, using partcombine:

%%%
\version "2.18.2"
\language "english"

mel = {bflat'2 bflat'4-- a'-- a'--}
harm = {g'2 g'4-- c'-- f'--}
global = { \key f \major }

\new Staff \with { \remove "Time_signature_engraver"  }
      \partcombine {\global \mel } \harm