Re: See the new music fonts in action

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: See the new music fonts in action
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:41:21 -0006

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Hans Aberg <address@hidden> wrote:
On 26 Jul 2014, at 01:14, tisimst <address@hidden> wrote:
I couldn't wait any longer, so here's a formal announcement about the new music fonts that I've been working on, by way of example. They are all 100% LilyPond compatible for both PDF and SVG output. They all (except Gonville) support the full LilyPond glyph set (up to LilyPond version 2.18.2). So far, there are now 9 music fonts in addition to LilyPond's default *Emmentaler* (also called /Feta/ in the official docs).
BTW, is there some effort adding more microtonal symbols? LilyPond can now properly handle microtonal key signatures, it seems.

Hans,

Good question. If you are glyphs you are referring to are found the default font set,

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/the-feta-font#accidental-glyphs

then this is already supported in the new fonts :) I made sure that the entire glyph set is supported, even if they have to fall back to the Emmentaler ones in some places because I couldn't (or didn't feel like I needed to) come up with one that matched the other glyphs (like the shape-noteheads).

I, personally, don't use the microtonal glyphs, but I'm happy to continue to support them as long as someone uses them! I don't plan on creating other fonts specific to microtonal notation (e.g., Sagittal, etc.).

Regards,
Abraham