Re: Warning: Midi channels wrapped around Warrning Remapping modulo 16.

From: Sebastian Canagaratna
Subject: Re: Warning: Midi channels wrapped around Warrning Remapping modulo 16.
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:15:40 -0400

Dear Simon
Thank you  very much for your suggestion. I was trying to prepare a midi for a hymn with acompaniment,  4 channels for SATB and two for the accompaniment.In the accompaniment there are four voices ( but only two  staves ). I used  the << {}{} >> construct to accommodate the extra voices but since I was  getting the warning about the channels being remapped, I removed this consruct and replaced the consruct by 4 channels instead of two; I  associated each voice with a channel not the staffThus there will be a maximum of 8 channels. Now  I don't get
a warning. But when I put the SATB on two staves instead of four the warning reappears. I find this behavior difficult to undererstand since I am not increasing the channels: as far as I can see  the maximum no of channels is 8 . I will do some more work on my example to see what is happening, assuming that this is not a bug in lilypond. I will let you know if I solve it.

Sebastian

.l