Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!

From: Jeff Holland
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: Mac testers needed for Frescobaldi!
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 23:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Monday, May 12, 2014 12:44:14 AM UTC+2, Davide Liessi wrote:

Did you uninstall and reinstall only Frescobaldi?
You should try to uninstall Frescobaldi, Poppler and Qt and then
reinstall Frescobaldi

I uninstalled and reinstalled all of those (and probably some others too), but to no avail. It remains a total mystery to me how or why the Music Viewer stopped working for me and why I can't fix it via Homebrew. (I only installed Homebrew in order to use Frescobaldi.)

In the end, though, this doesn't matter much since I will be using the standalone Mac app anyway. (This will really open it up to a lot more Mac users.)

A packaging oversight, indeed; thanks for reporting.
The behaviour is slightly different on my machine (PortMIDI installed
via MacPorts is recognized by the application bundle), but I confirm
that I didn't include PortMIDI in the bundle.
I'll take care of this as soon as possible.

Ah, that's great to hear! Looking forward to it. Thanks for your help.

--
Jeff