Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score

From: Saul Tobin
Subject: Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 01:27:31 -0700

Naturally, but a music function like that misses the point. The current way isn't cumbersome because it's verbose, it's cumbersome because it requires breaking music into separate blocks using braces. What I'd like to be able to do is change the transposition like a context property, so that I could write something like:

clarinet = \relative c' {
    \transposing bf
    c4 d e d
    \tag #'score \transposing a
    c d e d
    \tag #'parts \transposing a
    \tag #'score \transposing c'
    c d e d
}

Obviously, this is a contrived situation, but you see what I'm getting at. Breaking music expressions into separate blocks also necessitates breaking spanners, etc.

Saul