Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Transposing instruments in orchestra score
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 07:18:21 +0200

Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi List,
>
>  I'd like to write a part for a transposing instrument in sounding
> pitch, having the score printout in C and the part printout
> transposed. As far as I understand the docs,

Which ones?  And which version?

> in this case I'd have to wrap the instrumental part's music into a
> "\transpose {}" statement and not using "\transposing".

There is no "\transposing".  You probably mean "\transposition", and
I have no idea what you are talking about here.

> This is quite unfortunate when switching instruments back and forth in
> mid-score as the "addInstrumentDefinition" can't handle this case
> properly. I guess, I could write a macro which includes the instrument
> switch plus the \transpose, but that means I'd have to wrap all music
> for the changed instrument in brackets for each switched part of the
> music.

How about a minimal example about what you think you need to do, and a
description of what exactly is the problem with it?

And a sketch of what you would want to be doing instead and why it would
be superior?

--
David Kastrup