Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:42:28 -0500

Hi David,

> I have quite a few orchestra parts where multimeasure rest streaks of
> several lengths are _not_ conflated.  Basically, each such rest stands
> for a recognizable unit.

I’ll look at Gould to see what her recommendations are.

In any case, whether or not a best practice is known, the snippet I sent in
response to Alex’s reply clearly shows a case where Lily is not behaving “as
expected”.

> What you need here in my opinion is something else: a command that just
> passes time (using s or R or something else) until a specified event
> occurs initiated from another voice, and then resumes.

?

I don’t understand how that would apply to or solve this issue/problem — please
give a [possibly pseudo-code] example.

Thanks,
Kieren.