Re: How to create proper horizontal offsets?

From: Marten Visser
Subject: Re: How to create proper horizontal offsets?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:14:21 +0000 (UTC)

Eluze <eluzew <at> gmail.com> writes:

> when you transpose from as to c in the middle staff position the stem
> direction changes - this is producing the warning about clashes.
>
> if you put the as in a voice with clear settings (\voiceOne,...) opposite
> that in the cued voice there will be no more collision and you might even
> omit the manual shifting.
>
> Eluze
>
> --

Hi Eluze, thanks for you answer.

I understand your remark about the collision. I understand that you would
code it as a specific voice in order to avoid collisions providing for
setting a non-collisional stem direction, but in reality it is not a
specific voice I think; it only is a few notes that are different for one
or more of the stanzas. (Please correct me if my thinking is wrong.)

I tried your suggestion, replacing \cueVoice by \voiceOne, \voiceTwo,
\voiceThree or \voiceFour, but neither of these work:

1. the stem from the "cuenotes" now disappears
2. the \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift won't work any longer
3. the notes appear in full size, which they should not

Besides, I don't understand why the horizontal shift may get lost at all
when transposing. The problem I'm facing it not about collisions, it's
about the loss of horizontal offset when transposing. (Or is that a
consequence of a collision????)

Thanks,
Marten

% previous remarks pertain to the following change in the example
myMusic = {
        <<as'1 \voiceTwo {as2. f8[ f] }>>