Re: How to create proper horizontal offsets?

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: How to create proper horizontal offsets?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 08:06:25 -0800 (PST)

Marten Visser wrote
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday, I asked how a custom slur should be coded so that it gets
> transposed properly. This was answered immediately, thanks to David
> Nalesnik.
>
> There's another related problem I run into when transposing scores, namely
> horizontal offsets. In songs this is encountered frequently because the
> stanzas may induce deviations from the rhythm.
>
> In the example below one offset is changed when transposing. The log file
> shows a warning:
> warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns
>       <<
>           as'1 \new CueVoice = "SndStanza1" { \shiftNoteRight \stemDown
> as2. f8[ f] }>> |
>
> When you leave out the \transpose commmand, this error will not appear.
>
> How could the code be changed that horizontal offsets will always be
> there?

when you transpose from as to c in the middle staff position the stem
direction changes - this is producing the warning about clashes.

if you put the as in a voice with clear settings (\voiceOne,...) opposite to
that in the cued voice there will be no more collision and you might even
omit the manual shifting.

Eluze