Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:05:39 -0000

From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:43 PM

"Phil Burfitt" <address@hidden> writes:

What exactly is not easy to implement in Joseph Rushton Wakeling's
suggestion of an optional frescobaldi install from lilypond's windows
installer?

That very much provokes the answer "Patches welcome", but of course that
might already be too optimistic.

Yes.

"Patches will be reviewed" is somewhat
more accurate hopefully.

No.

At any rate, why would we treat Windows different from others?

Did I suggest that?

However, if somethings possible on one platform and not another, do you deny the former because of the latter?

Are you familiar with how the build of LilyPond installers is done

No

or is "easy to implement" just speculation?

Did I say it was easy to implement?

How are we going to control the versions selected for downloading?

why would you want to select any other version of frescobaldi except the last one?

Bundling software products from other companies with Windows Installer is so commonly done, that, although I have never needed to use it, I'm curious as to the difficulties...hence the question.

Phil.

David Kastrup