Re: Placing _\markup below lyrics

From: Ryan McClure
Subject: Re: Placing _\markup below lyrics
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 13:32:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi there Jim,

This is messy--really messy. But, here's what I came up with:

\version "2.17.95"

%\paper { ragged-right= ##f }

melody = \relative c' {
  c4 c c c | c4 c c c
  c4 c c c | \override Score.TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -3)
c4_\markup "melody staff markup"  c c c
}

words = \lyricmode {
  \override LyricText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2)
  la la la la
  la la la la
  la la la la
  la la la la
}

\score {
  <<
    \melody
    \addlyrics \words

}

Trying to use \override Score.TextScript #'outside-staff-priority had no
affect, and I'm not sure why. So, I added an offset to the markup. This
pushed down the lyrics, so the override in the lyrics pushes it back up. I'm
unsure as to why outside-staff-priority didn't work, though.

-----
Ryan McClure

Music Education Major, Shepherd University
Luna Music Engraving
www.lunamusicengraving.com