Re: Overlap markup

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Overlap markup
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:10:19 +0000 (UTC)

EdBeesley <edplaysdrums <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Actually I managed to get it working with \combine and \lower. It's a bit
> 'hacky' though as you can see from the random spaces I had to put in:

> Out of curiosity I'd love to hear if there are 'cleaner' ways of doing
> it....

Using \combine seems the cleanest way by far.
You have two words that fit together in a special way, and putting them
together in a \combine makes that fitting relationship more clear than
having back-spacing commands in between.

You can shift with a \translate, rather than use spaces, if you like:

\markup
   \combine
      \fontsize #16 "Ýkjur"
      \translate #'(21 . -4) \fontsize #7 "(Extreme Measures)"
%% using just the default markup font