Re: frescobaldi on mac

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: frescobaldi on mac
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:40:05 -0700

Robert Schmaus <address@hidden> writes:

> That brings me to my question: I've worked through Phillippe's
> "recipe" faithfully (I think). Now, when I try to launch frescobaldi
> on the Terminal, I get an error message
>
> ImportError: No module named sip
>
> Does anyone know what's the problem there?

According to the person who packaged it for Arch Linux, sip is "A tool
that makes it easy to create Python bindings for C and C++ libraries".

On my system, the dependencies relating to sip go as follows:

frescobaldi needs python2-poppler-qt;

python2-poppler-qt needs python2-pyqt4;

python2-pyqt4 needs python2-sip;

python2-sip needs sip and python2.

... there are other dependencies for some of these things of course, but
I think those are the relevant ones in the situation. Hopefully the
situation is at least analogous for you...

--
David R