Re: Running Lilypond from Fraise

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Running Lilypond from Fraise
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:06:36 -0500

On Jun 27, 2013, at 6:51 AM, luis jure <address@hidden> wrote:

> on 2013-06-27 at 11:56 Alexander Deubelbeiss wrote:
>
>>> From: Philippe de Rochambeau <address@hidden>
>>>
>>> could someone please explain how to run Lilypond from Fraise?
>>>

>> In my experience Lilypond does not interact usefully with fruit; so
>> presumably you mean some sort of software product?
>
> i think he might be referring to a fork of Smultron, a text editor for the
> mac.

In context that seems correct. Both Smultron and Fraise have a menu where one
can create commands and associate them with a keybinding. One can set up a
command to send a file to Lily Pond under this menu.  IIRC this is in the
Commands menu; my recollection is that you write something like a shell script.
 It's been a couple years since I used it.

Fraise is an open source version of Smultron; it was created in 2010 when
Smultron fell out of active development for a while.  Smultron is now a
commercial app available in the Mac app store, I don't know what license the
current version is under; Smultron 4 was under the Apache 2.0 license.  One can
get Fraise from GitHub, although it is not actively being developed since v.
3.7.2 or so.