Re: Of two markups, how to hide one markup in a Staff and the other in a

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: Of two markups, how to hide one markup in a Staff and the other in a TabStaff?
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 01:03:41 +0200

2013/6/25 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
2013/6/24 Peter Crighton <address@hidden>:
[...]
> Is there a way to hide a markup in the
> Staff only, but show it in the TabStaff?

Hi Peter,

use \tag

Not sure if it's really what you want, though your example could look like:

\version "2.16.2"

music = \relative c, {
  \set Staff.stringTunings = \stringTuning <b,, e, a, d g b>

  <\parenthesize c \parenthesize g'>1(\glissando
   -\tag #'staff _\markup { "w/bar" }
   -\tag #'tabstaff _\markup { \tiny \bold "-7" }
  \unset Staff.stringTunings
  <f c'>)
}

<<
  \new Staff \keepWithTag #'staff <<
    \new Voice {
      \clef "treble_8"
      \music
    }

  \new TabStaff \keepWithTag #'tabstaff <<
    \new TabVoice {
      \tabFullNotation
      \music
    }

HTH,
  Harm

That works wonderfully, exactly what I want for now! LilyPond never fails to amaze me … I’m using it regularly for several years now, but never before heard of tags. Incredibly useful, thanks a lot!

So, this is good for now, but I still have to figure out if this is the ideal way to indicate whammy bar use. How have others handled such a scenario?

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de