Of two markups, how to hide one markup in a Staff and the other in a Tab

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Of two markups, how to hide one markup in a Staff and the other in a TabStaff?
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:44:41 +0200

Hello all,

I am trying to notate a piece for electric guitar in which a whammy bar is used and am having difficulties with correctly indicating the use of it.
I need to have two markups at the same time, one of which is to be shown only in the Staff, the other one only in the TabStaff. How can I do this?
This is what I have so far:

\version "2.16.2"

music = \relative c, {
  \set Staff.stringTunings = \stringTuning <b,, e, a, d g b>
  \once \override TabStaff.TextScript #'stencil = ##f
  <\parenthesize c \parenthesize g'>1(\glissando_\markup { "w/bar" }_\markup { \tiny \bold "-7" }
  \unset Staff.stringTunings
  <f c'>)
}

<<
  \new Staff <<
    \new Voice {
      \clef "treble_8"
      \music
    }

  \new TabStaff <<
    \new TabVoice {
      \tabFullNotation
      \music
    }

What I need is the “-7” being visible beneath the TabStaff, but not beneath the Staff. Any ideas?

Also, I noticed that “\override Staff.TextScript #'stencil = ##f” would hide the markup both in Staff and TabStaff, whereas I expected it to still be visible in the TabStaff. Why is that? Is there a way to hide a markup in the Staff only, but show it in the TabStaff?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de