Re: Cut and paste from manual returns errors

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Cut and paste from manual returns errors
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:45:15 +1000

On 24/06/13 08:09, ed shaw wrote:
I'm new at this and expect to be drawing from this well, so, at the risk of
providing common knowledge, I'll contribute what I know about this subject
and how I plan to go about preparing .pdf pages for current publishing
project.
As a Quark and InDesign user, I have been very happy with the results
obtained with a publishing suite
built around "Scribus,"  which is a open source high end desktop publishing
program similar to MS publisher, "Inkscape," an illustrator program, and
"Gimp," an image manipulation program and photo handler.
Add Foxit .pdf reader ($30)  and you might be able delete Acrobat. Corel
Fusion ($29) manages .pdf
stacks.

To the point (I am winging this, accuracy not assured)
1) Set up a page to the desired size in Scribus
2) Set up origin and destination files. Files won't be too big.
3) Draw image box on page (as opposed to text box)
4) Import .pdf containing content. ( I am producing separate files for each
line of
music and lyrics. Two reasons for this. One, I am new and had trouble laying
out the
sheet as one file, and, two, recognized that in the long run, separate files
would save
me work)
5) Click (what amounts to)  "size image to frame."
5) Do the same thing with all the staffs.

You can embed lilypond code directly in render frames in scribus, and scribus will call lilypond to render the code in the frame. See http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Embedding_other_external_tools_into_a_TeX_frame#LilyPond.

I've done that for exercise and warmup sheets where I'm interspersing text and music on the page.

Nick