moving LilyPond blog to our website

From: Chris Mear
Subject: moving LilyPond blog to our website
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:06:41 +0100

On Tuesday, 4 June 2013, Graham Percival wrote:
On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 12:52:17PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> >>----- Original Message ----- From: "Janek Warchol"

wait, what?

> >>I don't think we've agreed anything of the sort.  People have
> >>requested it, but nothing more.

Yes.

> I have them, because I need them to upload the website.  However, I
> honestly don't think it's a case of just asking someone and admin
> being given.  As others have said, what about the load on the
> server?  Will there be any other effect.  I'd suggest trying to
> involve GP before assuming this will automatically happen.

If the blog posts are being written in texinfo, then these posts
would just be "news" items.  Nothing strange.  Write a doc patch,
test with "make website", git-cl, review, etc.  Or we could even
skip the review and push straight to staging as long as you test
with "make doc" first.

I think part of the motivation behind this blog idea is that there could be a more informal, more frequently-updated source of Lilypond updates/sightings/tidbits (as opposed to the official project news channel, which is for important news about the project itself). Hence the initial jump to a familiar blogging platform, with a user-friendly web interface that a variety of contributors can use.

Writing posts in texinfo and running 'make' commands is a pretty high barrier of entry for contributors who aren't already developers.

Chris