Notating bends

From: Jim Long
Subject: Notating bends
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:20:33 -0700

I was looking for the counterpart to bendAfter and found
that Lilypond does not define a 'bendBefore' function.

I located Valentin's workaround function 'bendStart' at

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/bends-before-notes-how-to-tp22214p22218.html

but it doesn't compile for me under 2.16.2:

GNU LilyPond 2.16.2
Processing `bendStart.ly'
Parsing...
bendStart.ly:27:15: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning
here
        \bend #
               $argument
Unbound variable: $argument
bendStart.ly:27:14: error: wrong type for argument 1.  Expecting integer, found
#<unspecified>
        \bend
              #$argument
bendStart.ly:36:22: error: error in #{ ... #}
\bendStart #-2 { g' }
                      b8 a g fis e2 }
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...

Two questions:

1) Is there an open feature request to add a \bendBefore
function to Lilypond, complementary to \bendAfter?

2) Meanwhile, is there a simple adjustment to Valentin's code
at the URL above to make the workaround viable?

Thank you!

Jim