Re: Fingering not aligned in 2.17, ok in 2.16

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: Fingering not aligned in 2.17, ok in 2.16
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:58:10 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Nick Payne writes:

Do you consider this a bug?  Actually, I like the new behaviour
better.  What does the literature say?

The great majority of commercial guitar scores I possess align the
fingering vertically on chords, as 2.16 does.

Which means that there is no strict agreement?  The great majority
have been wrong before.

What about the most beautiful scores amongst your collection, what do
they do?

Jan

Most of the newer commercial guitar score are poorly typeset imho.
Compare the old Schott edition (hand engraved) of Ponce's "Thème varié et finale" and the new one which was made using Finale.

On topic: I like the new behaviour better.
there is a nice example where sometimes the fingerings are aligned and sometimes not, for better readability:
Goffredo Petrassi: Nunc (1971), Edizioni Suvini Zerboni (c) 1972

Thomas