Re: Is there an easy solution to across voice slurs

From: Eby Mani
Subject: Re: Is there an easy solution to across voice slurs
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:08:44 -0800 (PST)

I find << { } \\ { } >> approach bit confusing when there are plenty of
multiple voices. Eluze have provided easiest alternative when multiple voices
span few bars.

For me the easiest and best approach is by separating voices in a staff and
combining them together. I find this easy to modify the code and add ties &
slurs between multiple voices on the same staff. Remove the comments in note
entry to see the difference.

The following example is suitable for larger works spanning several pages.

***********************

\version "2.16.2"

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 4/4
}

violinOnea = \relative c'' {
c2 (e \hideNotes c) \unHideNotes d4 c
}

violinOneb = \relative c'' {
c,4 d e f %%\stemUp
c'2
%%\stemNeutral s2
}

violinTwoa = \relative c' {
c2 (e c)  d4 c
}

violinTwob = \relative c' {
c,4 (d e f \hideNotes c'2 \unHideNotes s2)
}

\score {
\new PianoStaff <<
        \context Staff = upper <<
                \context Voice = violinsa { \voiceOne \global \violinOnea }
                \context Voice = violinsaa { \voiceTwo \global \violinOneb }

        \context Staff = lower <<
                \context Voice = violinsb { \voiceOne \global \violinTwoa }
                \context Voice = violinsbb { \voiceTwo \global \violinTwob }

\layout { }
}