Re: how to place fermata over \breathe?

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: how to place fermata over \breathe?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:05:20 -0800

Alas none of the proposed solutions work
version 2.16.1
here's the logs

Joram's solution

breathe test.ly:31:41: error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN

c c \once \override BreathingSign.text

= \markup \breatheFermata \breathe

Eluze's solution

breathe test.ly:31:41: error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN

c c \once \override BreathingSign.text

= \markup \breatheFermata \breathe

and what I hoped with the s32*0 really messed things up usually putting the fermata over the following measure rest or note.

So what's next? Or ...... [btw please notice that I have begun to use 2.16 but that does not mean I comprehend assorted idioms like the difference of tweak to once or even where to place these suggestions so I just pasted each one into a 2.16 template to find the error]

Jay

--
Jay Hamilton Sound and Silence www.soundand.com 206-328-7694