Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:14:55 +0100

On 13 févr. 2013, at 10:08, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> If the line breaking isn't expected to change, i think that the most
>> reliable solution would be to explicitely set staff distance in this
>> particular system.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that such a severe collision
> should be fixed independently of the final layout.  I'm still waiting
> for Mike's answer w.r.t. shifting up the skyline by inserting some
> padding.
>

>    Werner

skyline-horizontal-padding won't work here.  Try something like:

 <<
   \new Staff = "R" \relative c' {
     \voiceTwo
      d16[ b
       \change Staff = "L" \stemUp
       \change Staff = "R" \stemDown
       b d b]
   }

   \new Staff = "L" \relative c' {
     \clef "bass"
     \voiceOne
     \override Beam #'Y-extent = #'(0 . 100)
     \override Beam #'vertical-skylines =
#ly:grob::simple-vertical-skylines-from-extents
     g8[ s g]

MS