Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: collision beam with staff-crossing beam
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:19:17 +0100

Hi Werner,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> consider this real-life example (omitting the unimportant voices).
> [..]
>
> There is an ugly clash between the two beams.  Due to the cross-staff
> beam, this is sort-of expected.
>
> What can I do to improve the formatting?

If the line breaking isn't expected to change, i think that the most
reliable solution would be to explicitely set staff distance in this
particular system.  You have to put this override at the musical
moment when the system begins (in any stave).  If you have more than
two staves, you have to specify remaining distances.

\overrideProperty #"Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
 #'line-break-system-details #'((alignment-distances . (12)))

(this is the old syntax, i haven't upgraded to dot-separated lists yet)

hth,
Janek