Re: Attempted spec for low-C bass clarinet diagrams

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Attempted spec for low-C bass clarinet diagrams
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 00:07:42 +0100

On 02/08/2013 09:03 PM, Wim van Dommelen wrote:
I agree it needs an explanatory diagram at hand and it also calls for a
possibility to have a numeric entry for specifying which key(s) to use for which
note. But through the years I've learned that coming back with these kind of
global things later will cause you headaches, because then there will be even
more legacy around. Having a top-level entry into the graphs and procedures
gives the possibility to fill it in later, redesigning is a problem.

I'm not sure what the issue is here though -- you already have a clear internal representation of the keys, the issue is translating that into numbers instead of key-names.

Is it really a problem to implement that translation later rather than sooner, given that the only difference between the numerical and key-name diagrams will be the presence of numbers rather than key-names?