Re: Glissando between single notes in chord

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Glissando between single notes in chord
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:00:13 -0500

Hi Nick,

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> Thanks, that's very useful. I added three functions to your code which which
> take just the slope as parameter and default to using either hyphen, en
> dash, and em dash, to cater for different degrees of tightness of note
> spacing:

[...]

> I also tried two-em and three-em dashes (unicode values 0x2E3A and 0x2E3B,
> see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2E00.pdf), but they're not in the
> emmentaler font; when I put them in a function the console spits out:
>
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> programming error: FT_Get_Glyph_Name () error: invalid argument
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: Glyph has no name, but font supports glyph naming.
> Skipping glyph U+10002E3A, file
> /usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/emmentaler-18.otf

Unfortunately, I'm not sure at the moment how to get the function to
work with those characters.  However, if you're interested simply in
drawing lines, then there will be greater flexibility with a line
stencil, rather than em- and en-dashes and such.  I've adapted the
function to do just that (see attached).  It allows customization of
slope and the length of the guide-line.

HTH,
David