Re: Coda

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Coda
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:56:51 -0700 (PDT)

jsmcwilliam wrote:

> I need to write a coda which starts with a change in key and time
> signature. The example taken from the manual does not illustrate this
> requirement. All my attempts have resulted in visible a key signature and
> time signature  at the end of the melody section (before the coda line). I
> want to hide this. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how this could be
> achieved? I include a snippet to illustrate the problem.

here is the code for the cadenza (just copied the code from an old example
so there might be possible improvements…)

\cadenzaOn
  \stopStaff
  \set Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
  \set Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
  \set Staff.printKeyCancellation = ##f
  \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #begin-of-line-invisible
  \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
  % \once \override TextScript #'word-space = #1.5
  % \once \override TextScript #'X-offset = #8
  % \once \override TextScript #'Y-offset = #1.5
  \textLengthOn
  \override TextScript #'padding = #-3
  \override TextScript #'staff-padding = #'()
  \override TextScript #'outside-staff-priority = ##f
        s1  % <-------     to add more horizontal space
  <>^\markup { \center-column { "D.S. al Coda"
      \line { \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"
        \musicglyph #"scripts.tenuto" \musicglyph #"scripts.coda"} }
  }
  % Increasing the unfold counter will expand the staff-free space
  \repeat unfold 4 {
    s4 s4 s4 s4
    \bar ""
  }
  \break
  \startStaff
  \cadenzaOff

please be aware that the <>-\markup will only work in later 2.15 versions -
you can use s1*0 here.

hth
Eluze