Re: playback gets out of sync with grace notes

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: playback gets out of sync with grace notes
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:58:53 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "ornello" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:05 PM

Hi again,

has anybody been able to reproduce the sync problem?

It is not a player problem - I could reproduce it with various MIDI players.
Strangely enough, removing either measure 1 or measure 2 resolves the sync
problem, so it is hard for me to find a simpler example...

ornello

From
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns:

"Each grace note in MIDI output has a length of 1/4 of its actual duration. If the combined length of the grace notes is greater than the length of the preceding note a "Going back in MIDI time"error will be generated. Either make the grace notes shorter in duration, for example"

Does this explain the problem and does the workaround help?

--
Phil Holmes