Problems with \inversion

From: ALEXANDRE FICAGNA
Subject: Problems with \inversion
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:57:05 -0300

I still didn't picture exactly how \inverse works in its from-pitch
to-pitch variables, but I tried an example and what I got is the
correct inversion of pitches, but each one was an octave above.

Here's the code:

\version "2.14.2"

#(set-global-staff-size 15)

\paper {
  #(define dump-extents #t)
  ragged-right = ##t
  line-width = 17\cm
}

melody= { a8 gis ees d g4 }

\score {
\new PianoStaff
<<
\new Staff \relative c' {
%\override Stem #'transparent = ##t %uncomment to hide Stems
%\override Beam #'transparent = ##t %uncomment to hide Beams
\melody \retrograde \melody
}
\new Staff \relative c {
\clef treble
%\override Stem #'transparent = ##t %uncomment to hide Stems
%\override Beam #'transparent = ##t %uncomment to hide Beams
\inversion a' a \melody
\retrograde \inversion a' a   \melody
}

\layout {