Possible multiple bugs, any way around?

From: Sami - Vasileios Amiris
Subject: Possible multiple bugs, any way around?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:58:17 +0300

Hello everyone. I have witnessed a weird behaviour, and when I posted it, some people that are way more expert than me with lilypond told me that there are probably quite a few bugs hidden within the examples. My main concern is with the failure of the stem up - stem down, but the \bar at the beginning of the music is also problematic. Any workarounds for the stem problem?

The following is right:

\version "2.14.2"
\score
	{
	\new PianoStaff
	<<
		\new Staff = "up"{
		\clef treble
		\new Voice = "upper"
		\autochange {
		\relative c' %If this becomes c' or lower, everything ok.
                              %as it is, it puts everything in the voice of
"down".
			{
			\stemUp{
			\bar "|:" bes4 c bes' c \bar ":|" d1 \bar "|."
			}}}}

		\new Staff = "down"{
		\clef bass
		\new Voice = "lower"
		\autochange {
		\relative c %this is of no consequence, really
			{
			\stemDown{
			 bes4 c bes' c | d1
			}}}}

	}

while this is messed up:

\version "2.14.2"
\score
	{
	\new PianoStaff
	<<
		\new Staff = "up"{
		\clef treble
		\new Voice = "upper"
		\autochange {
		\relative c'' %If this becomes c' or lower, everything ok.
                              %as it is, it puts everything in the voice of
"down".
			{
			\stemUp{
			\bar "|:" bes4 c bes' c \bar ":|" d1 \bar "|."
			}}}}

		\new Staff = "down"{
		\clef bass
		\new Voice = "lower"
		\autochange {
		\relative c' %this is of no consequence, really
			{
			\stemDown{
			 bes4 c bes' c | d1
			}}}}