Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 07:54:53 +1000

On 01/06/12 23:35, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Jay (et al.),

Sorry but it's not in the v2.14 pdf manual.
That may be true (I haven't checked), but it's definitely in the HTML version:
I just checked: the snippet explicitly showing how to use \markup in lyrics *is* in the v2.14 PDF manual.
So now the question isn't how to synchronize the manuals, but rather how to better index them.
For this I use a PDF portfolio created with Adobe Acrobat, and containing the various PDF manuals (Internals, Notation, Learning, Web, Snippets, Usage, Extending). The portfolio is indexed, allowing searches to be conducted across all the manuals at once. Unfortunately that requires the use of proprietary software to both create and use the documentation, as no PDF viewer except for Adobe Reader can view PDF portfolios.

You can see the portfolio created from the 2.14 manuals at http://www.users.on.net/~njpayne/music/lilydoc-2.14.2.pdf.

Nick