Re: musescore lands sponsoring?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: musescore lands sponsoring?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:04:12 +0200

David Kastrup writes:

>> We're missing consensus.  I think that if there were a
>> SponsorshipMeister, not unlike the BugMeister, we could do really cool
>> stuff like this.  Besides the monetary aid, this brings huge
>> recognition to the community and gets a lot of people on board.

> A "SponsorshipMeister" is dangerously close to the premise that we can
> turn money into LilyPond.  The truth is that we can turn enthusiasm into
> LilyPond.

How to turn enthousiasm into LilyPond, if people are unaware of it's
existence.  Long before we go SponsorshipMeister, I would suggest a
PRMeister.

> We don't make the best of our potential for selling LilyPond out.  But
> we should not run into trap of making money a metric for the success of
> LilyPond or its contributors.

So what would be a valid metric for LilyPond's success?  Can we
determine where the hanging fruit is that we are missing in selling
LilyPond out?

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl