Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: LSR updates: was: polychords: a working solution
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 01:15:16 +0100

Hi Phil,

2012/2/28 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
> Hi Phil,
>
> in the LSR-tarball I found the directory "correction-wanted", shall I
> fix these files too? (I'd think, some of them should be deleted)
>
> I didn't look in the other directories. It seems they contain only
> sorted duplicates. Or am I wrong?
>

> Cheers,
>  Harm

I just downloaded the latest tarball from the LSR and tested our work:
No "failed" file.
No "ERROR"
One "error": reported here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-02/msg01036.html
8 files gave a "warning" (but they did it in 2.12.3 too, or the
warning is related to known bug, so I'd suggest to end the work on
these files)

Seems I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Possible list of further work:

TODO

Convert:
 Converting some files gave:
   "Not smart enough to convert minimum-Y-extent.
   Vertical spacing no longer depends on the Y-extent of a VerticalAxisGroup.
   Please refer to the manual for details, and update manually."
   (or sth similiar).
   Could be fixed.

Files:
 Including-a-file-only-once.ly
   David Kastrup wrote:
     >> #(define-public toplevel-module-define-public! #f)
     >> #(define-public toplevel-module-ref #f)

     >Those can be replaced by their straightforward counterpart.

   But I couldn't find them.

 use-custom-fonts-flat-b-and-sharp-#-symbols-for-chords.ly
   David Kastrup wrote:
     > What are people's feelings about the rather bland compatibility fix of
     > just catching a wrong-number-of-args error and try calling without that
     > arg?  Possibly lowercasing the result manually afterwards (if the flag
     > is set), but that may not work with arbitrary markups.
     >
     > If we don't want to encourage a mixture of code styles flying around, we
     > can still emit a warning.
     >
     > Of course, this snippet itself should be changed, but we could help with
     > compatibility in that manner.

   I'm not sure how to proceed.

 woodwind-diagrams-key-lists.ly
   Failed!
   Don't know what to do with it!
   Deleted for now!

The only thing I could imagine to carry on, is to fix the files where
convert-ly gave "Not smart enough ...", but I'd suggest to postpone
it.
If you agree, what to do now?

Best,
  Harm